Barn Conversions are an area we specialise in and pride ourselves on. We have a 100% record on achieving planning permission for barn conversions. With barn conversions it is essential to meet stringent planning and conservation requirements. We have an experienced team that will undertake the project from design and planning through to completion of the build / conversion works.
Coupled with this, our experience and portfolio of completed conversions has created strong relationships with local planning authorities, which is priceless.
The key to any barn conversion is the design and ensuring all the requirements that are essential to the planning application are addressed in a professional manner prior to the submission of the planning application. Within our design and build service we coordinate all elements of the design and the planning application, coupled with issuing budget costings and fixed priced quotations to ensure the completed design is affordable and the planning application is successful.
Our services include:
- Free consultation on the likelihood of achieving planning permission
- Free consultation on the most pragmatic design
- Free consultation on budget costings
- Design Consultation Workshops
- Completion of the planning application drawings and 3D modelling of the final design
- Co-ordination and submission of the full planning application
- Completion and co-ordination of all the required supporting information to the planning application. Ie. Ecologist report, Structural Engineers report & Land contamination report.
- Acting as the client agent throughout the planning application process
- Issuing of a fixed price quotation for the completion of the build / conversion
- Completion of the build / conversion by experienced highly skilled tradesmen
- Once you have planning permission, the focus of the project quickly moves onto the quality of the build. Within our team we have the experience and knowledge to address all elements of the conversion. We have significant experience with both modern and traditional repair and restoration methods.
Our previous Barn conversion work has included but not limited to:
- Foundation underpinning and stabilization
- Restoration of brickwork utilising lime mortar and traditional methods
- Replacing defective timbers in oak roof structures and king post trusses
- Timber to timber splicing and other techniques are also used to a high and exacting standard to ensure the integrity of the existing building structure is restored
- Sandblasting and restoration of aged timber and brickwork
- Insulation of existing structures to meet modern building regulations
- Stripping and re-use existing stonework and roof coverings
- Modern and traditional roofing
- Sympathetic inclusion of modern bathrooms and kitchens
- Installation of under floor heating systems
- Experience and skill set to work on listed barns / buildings
- Completion of internal finishes to the highest standard.
You may be interested in a barn conversion for many different reasons, but you can rest assured, whatever you need from your barn conversion, we have the skills to produce the results you desire.